Mortgage to buy a home from a developer

Are you planning to buy a home from a developer who has had the home pre-approved by us? Then the developer or agent can help you with the application process for a mortgage from the Housing Bank.

The developer is responsible for providing you with the help you need during the application process. The developer or estate agent completes the form with you and sends it to the Housing Bank. 
 
Complete the application form and send it to the Housing Bank:
Apply for a loan for high-quality housing (PDF, bokmål)
Apply for a loan for high-quality housing (PDF, nynorsk)

Application for release of funds

Complete the application form and send it to the Housing Bank:
Application for release of funds for an approved loan/grant (PDF, bokmål)
Application for release of funds for an approved loan/grant (PDF, nynorsk)
The application must be sent to the Housing Bank by post. The application contains sensitive personal information that is not encrypted if you send it by e-mail. 
 
If you have been approved as a Housing Bank customer and then re-sell your right to the home, your loan from the Housing Bank will be cancelled. 

What is required to get a mortgage from the Housing Bank?

When you apply for a mortgage as an individual, you can request a loan to cover up to 85% of the cost of the project. You must cover the remaining 15% with your deposit. The Housing Bank assesses your ability to repay the loan by looking at how you would cope with a 5 percentage point rise in interest rate, in accordance with Section 3 of the Norwegian regulations on mortgages. In addition to that, it determines how much you can borrow based on your income, debt, household expenses, housing expenses and shared costs.